A Refrigerator is an essential asset of every home or office. Like many other assets, it also needs proper care and maintenance for lifelong functionality. But we always ignore this and the result is that our refrigerator stops functioning as it should be doing!
The refrigerator needs some special cleaning. If you want to clean it, you should keep all foodstuff out and then clean it properly. Few maintenance tips follow on how to take care of your refrigerator.
It is also recommended to use fridge cover for the longevity of your fridge.
Maintenance tips for Refrigerators and Freezers
- Always check the door seals: A loose door seal allows the cool air of fridge to leak out, wasting energy and triggering your fridge to work more than it needs to. You have to make sure the fridge seals are free of food scum. (Clean them once in 6 months, by using a small brush and a cleaning solution of baking soda and water.)
- Set the right temperature: Always Keep the refrigerator temperature between 37- and 40-degrees Fahrenheit and the freezer at 0 degrees.
- Fill your fridge up: Refrigerators need “thermal mass” to maintain low temperatures. Chilled Food items help to absorb warm air that gets in the fridge when you open the door. If you’re the eat-out type or your fridge is too big for your needs, store some extra things in there.
- Be prepared: If the power goes out, don’t open the fridge and try to use the foods from another place. It will keep food safe for almost four hours; a freezer will maintain its temperature for 48 hours if full and 24 hours if half-full.
- Manual-defrost fridge: When frost has amassed on the inside walls of the freezer to a viscosity of one or half inch or so, confiscate the food from the fridge, and unplug the unit, and don’t plug the switch until all ice get melt.
- Automatic-defrosting refrigerator/freezers: ifyou have automatic-defrosting refrigerator then you don’t have to take any action as every six to seven hours, your refrigerator heats up its cooling coils slightly to melt any frost gathering on the coils. The resulting water drains into a surface pan at the bottommost of the fridge. Though the water evaporates, you’ll need to periodically clean the pan to avoid bad smell and germs growth. Use some water and little amount of baking soda to clean it out. Manufacturers manual guide usually provides specific directions related to this.
- Clean the fridge interior: use a cloth soaked in warm water to wipe down and remove crumbs and spills from shelves and walls. Any good cleaning material will make the cleaning easier and remove the stains easily. You can also use the cleaner on fridge doors and handles. Use airtight containers to seal in smell and keep food fresher for a long time.
- Deodorize: Freshen and remove smells with a deodorizer that’s particularly made for fridge. As per the manufacturer, such deodorizer is more efficient than any baking soda mix cleaner.
- Use Dream Care Waterproof PVC Refrigerator Drawer Mats: Dream care waterproof PVCfridge mats are specially designed to suit all fridge. It protects the refrigerator from scratches, spots and dirt. These are the multipurpose mats for various use, available in beautiful colours and prints.
Click the link to buy: fridge protector