AC curtains are one of the quickest and easiest modes for renovating your homes in an alluring manner. If you want to divide your huge living room into 2 segments due to air conditioning, then these curtains are the best. AC Curtains for home are available in various designs. Mostly, the material used for AC curtains is PVC or polyvinyl chloride.
The PVC AC curtains are quite inexpensive and this is also one of the reasons why many people prefer to buy them. It often happens that people call for help to clean their curtains. But, you can easily clean these ac curtains at home by yourself. Just follow the simple steps that we have shared below. It is advised by the home interior experts that these curtains should be cleaned within a time interval of three months to elongate their life. In case your curtains are exposed to the dusty, oily and greasy atmosphere, then the frequency of cleaning these thick plastic curtains for AC should be multiplied.
Things Required While Cleaning AC Curtains for home:
- Laundry detergents
- Mild scrubbing brush
- Cleaning Towel
Steps Involved In Cleaning AC Curtains For Home
Some of the effective ways to clean your ac curtain are:
- The very first step is to remove the curtain from the rod and rings.
- Next, take a wet cleaning towel and rub it across the dirt to clean it off.
- If the previous step is unable to extract the dirt out, then pour water over all those areas where the dirt is visible. If you see scum or mould over your curtain, then put some detergent water, let it stay for sometime and then use a mild scrubbing brush to clean it inside out of the curtain.
- In case, detergent water and scrubbing brush are inefficient in removing the mould and scum, then you can also use vinegar. Pour some vinegar over the required areas and leave it for a while. Then scrub it off and clean with water.
- Now simply dry the curtain by hanging it over a wire.
- People can also keep their AC curtains for home clean by spraying a homemade solution of water and vinegar. This can also be done while the curtains are hanging. It can easily eradicate dirt, dust and stains and help to keep it clean. This solution can be made and stored in a spray bottle. Make sure to use equal quantities of vinegar and water for a regular use.
These are some of the steps that can help people maintain their AC curtains brilliantly and make them appear fresh and new. Cleaning AC curtains also enhances the life of the same. Hope you liked this blog post. If you did, then let us know in the comments section below. We would love to hear from you. Thank you for reading till the end.