Investing in an AC is a long-term investment. An AC can last for about ten years. Hence, choosing an AC is an important decision. An air conditioner can provide you best cooling without burning hole through the electricity bill if you choose it wisely.
While choosing an AC, everyone has their own preferences depending upon their requirement, home and budget. You can choose Window AC or Split AC as per your convenient. But If you are thinking to buy an AC for your home and are still tossing between window AC and Split AC; here we will help you to choose make a right decision:
- Space required: Window AC requires more space than the Split AC. We will recommend you to check the installation area before buying the AC.
- Installation process: Installing a window AC is easier than the split AC as the split AC has 2 components.
- Price: Window AC is usually cheaper than Split AC.
- Noise issue: Window AC makes more noise than the split AC.
- Servicing: Servicing of window AC is quite easy than the Split AC.
- Multiple cooling: Multiple cooling in window AC is not possible but on the other hand split AC can provide multiple AC unit.
- Unit: In window AC Heat exchangers, compressors, motors and connecting pipes are placed on the same base but Split AC consists of 2 units – Indoor Unit & Outdoor unit.
Some important guidelines for AC maintenance
Irrespective of the AC you buy, it needs regular maintenance and service of parts like filters, coils, fins, drains etc. for the effective operation of the AC. Carelessness in the service and clean-up of AC units results in reduced functionality.
Here are some important AC maintenance guidelines:
Regular maintenance & clean-up of air filters
You need to clean the air filter at least once a month. Proper cooling requires regular cleaning of air filters. If you have any fur-bearing pet in your home air filter cleaning becomes very important.
Cleaning of Evaporator coils
We will recommend a yearly service and evaporator coil cleaning. As some dirt and dust get deposited on the coil with the time and affects the cooling process of the AC.
Maintenance of condenser coil
With the cleaning of the evaporator coils, we will recommend you to get the cleaning of condenser coil done as well. It is important for the condenser coil to work efficiently. The dusty environment, rain and wind etc. soils the condenser coils, which can make difficult for the condenser coil to dissipate the hot air and heat outside.
Cleaning Coil Fins
One can clearly see the aluminium fins on the condensers and evaporator coils. The dust and debris get gathered over the fins easily. We will recommend you to clean this coil fins regularly to protect the evaporator and condenser.
Cover up the compressor unit when not in use or during winters
During the winter season when your AC is not in use, cover up the compressor unit (as it is placed outside) with a cloth or Dream Care AC cover to prevent dust and dirt entering inside the unit.
Do not miss an AC service
For a life-long benefit, you should get the AC servicing done by any service professional. Proper servicing can enhance the performance of your AC. Servicing should be done once in a year and as recommend by the manufacturer.
The best option for you is to buy ac cover online.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE