The Microwave oven has become an essential need for our kitchen. Nowadays we are totally dependent on microwaves to warm food, cook food and even eat ready-made meals.
So, it becomes necessary that learn how to take good care of microwaves. They have to be endangered against food splatter and improper handling. We have to learn how to take care of our microwave. Check below some pro tips for maintenance of your microwave oven:
Preventative Maintenance for Microwave Oven
- Keep It Clean: cleaning is the first thing that every asset requires for proper functionality. Cleaning is the easiest way to extend the life of our microwave oven. Make sure to clean the oven immediately after using it as the leftover food may observe the oven’s energy when it will be used again. So, what is the proper method for cleaning of our microwave oven? For cleaning, you can use some homemade tricks like heating a bowl of water in the microwave for a minute; the steam will loosen the stain then switch off the microwave and clean it with a soft cloth.
- Choose Dishware Carefully: You should always use microwave-safe dishware in the oven. Below materials are not safe and / or recommended to be used in microwave and so we should avoid using them:
- Aluminium foil
- Dishware with silver or gold accents
There are lots of microwave-safe dishware available in the market. Apart from that, you can use ceramic, glass, and plastic dishware for microwave. But if you notice that use of a material in the microwave makes the dishware hotter than the food, then stop using that material immediately.
- Prevent Door Damage: Thedooris the most important part of the microwave; you should always handle the door of oven carefully. don’t open the door without turning off the microwave.
- Avoid Running on Empty: operating empty microwave oven can cause damage to it. It can damage the inner parts of the microwave.
- Try Pre-programmed Cooking Times: we often use the microwave as per our convenience, this can cause the damage to our microwave. We should prefer to always use Pre-programmed cooking timings for dishes whenever available.
- Plug it when need: Always plug your microwave when it required, and immediately unplug it when it’s not in use. This will protect the appliance from power fluctuations. Check the electrical cord from time to time to make sure that it’s not cracked.
- Avoid drying non-food items: don’t put and dry non-food items in the microwave as it increases the risk for those non – food items to catch fire.
- Use Dream Care microwave oven covers: Dream Care Microwave oven cover specially designed for your precious microwave, it protects the oven from everyday scratches, dust, dirt, stains or insects. The wide range of microwaves oven covers gives the lifelong protection to your microwave.