Hey Guys! If you have landed on this page, that means you are looking for correct ways to wash your plastic curtains. Well, stick with us till the end, and you will surely gain the right knowledge. Plastic curtains can either be shower curtains or ac curtains . There are some precautions that you must follow while washing your curtains. We will cover the methods for both ac and shower plastic curtains. These curtains are made up of waterproof material and also have anti-dust and stain properties. If dust gets accumulated over the curtains, you can easily wipe it off with damp cloth or wash it off with water. Depends on the amount of dust.
In this Blog we will also answer few important questions that people have in mind, while they plan on to wash their plastic curtains. Let’s get started.
How to clean Plastic Curtains for Bathroom?
Plastic curtains for bathroom are also known as shower curtains. People buy these plastic shower curtains so that they can have a shower privacy, and that area can be separated in the bathroom. It also used for decoration purposes by many. There are various prints and colours to choose from. When it comes to washing these shower curtains, here is what you need to do.
For machine wash
- Remove curtains from the rod.
- Soak with half cup baking soda and half cup mild detergent.
- Use mildly warm water. No hot water.
- After soaking process, Add in around one cup white vinegar and spin.
- Wash on gentle mode with low temperature. (10 minutes will be enough. Give it a check after 10 minutes).
- Do not tumble dry. Let it air dry.
For Hand Wash
- Remove the curtain from the rod.
- Spread it all over the floor.
- Spray a mixture of white vinegar and water over it. (Equal quantities of both).
- Let this mixture sit for some time. Then with gloves on, start wiping off the curtain with a damp cloth. Now, splash it off with some detergent water, gently scrub and wipe off the dirt with water.
- If you still see any mould or dirt remaining, then add some baking soda over that part and leave it. Then wash it off with water after sometime.
- Air dry your curtain.
How to clean Plastic Curtains for AC
Curtains for AC made out of plastic are generally transparent. They are seen mostly in shops or industrial areas and also at home too. These curtains are used to control the cool air flow and keep it to areas required. These also help in protection from dust, pollution, insects, etc. Being made out of plastic, they are waterproof and stain proof. Here is how you can clean them.
Hand Wash: The procedure is pretty much same as for shower curtains. Just let some vinegar and water mixture sit over the curtains. If required, then only use baking soda, otherwise just soak in some mild detergent water for half an hour. Take it out, scrub a little and wash it off with water. Do not use heated water. Only warm water. Once done, just air dry.
Note: Transparent curtains for shops or industries can’t be hand washed due to the heaviness or size. They have different cleaning procedure.
Machine Wash: Just remember to use warm water. Soak in some baking soda and mild detergent. Rinse it off with some vinegar for 10 minutes. Later, air dry. This is for ac curtains for homes. Industrial ac curtains and shop curtains have other methods. We can cover that in another blog post.
So, guys, hope you liked this blog post. If you did, then do let us know in the comments section below. We would love to hear your views. If you have any other doubt in mind, or any other blog topic, you can let us know. We would love to help. Thank you for reading.